The B & G Group, Inc. is the trucker’s source to stay legal and safe on the road. We offer :
- Individual owner / operator insurance
- Bobtail insurance
- Occupational accident insurance
- Cargo insurance
- Leased operator insurance
- Physical damage insurance and many more insurance services please call us today to find out more about our Commercial Trucking Insurances.
Questions you may have:
What’s the difference between primary liability and Non-Trucking liability?
If you are an owner/operator leased onto a motor carrier, then generally you will need Non-Trucking insurance. When you are under dispatch for the motor carrier, their primary liability trucking insurance will cover you. If you have your own authority, and are your own trucking company with your own customers, then you need your own primary liability trucking insurance.
Is bobtail insurance the same as Non-Trucking Liability?
Not really, but they’re used interchangeably. As a leased operator, generally you will need Non-Trucking, but many people still refer to this coverage as bobtail insurance.
What type of trucking insurance coverage repairs damage to my truck from an accident?
Physical damage insurance, or as it’s also called, collision insurance.
What kind of coverage do lienholders’ require? Physical damage insurance; it protects their interests in case of trucking accident.
If I pay off my truck, do I still need Physical Damage insurance?
No, but we recommend that you still carry it; your truck is your livelihood, and you need to protect it.
If I change trucking companies, can I still keep the same insurance?
Almost always, yes, and your trucking insurance rates will probably not change at all.
Is occupational accident insurance a worthwhile coverage to have?
Occupational accident insurance is coverage for when you have a work related accident or sickness, and can be a truly beneficial coverage especially if you have no full time health care coverage.
How do I pay for my trucking insurance?
We make it as easy as possible for you to pay for trucking insurance by doing an automatic check withdrawal from your account every month or a credit card payment online.
Should I package my truck payment with insurance? It sounds so easy.
You can, but it will probably be more expensive; definitely give us a call or an email for a quote before getting trucking insurance from a truck dealer. We’re the trucking insurance experts, and can almost assuredly get you a better price.
Descriptions of Different Kinds Of Trucking Insurance Coverage’s:
- NON-TRUCKING LIABILITY, (NTL) INSURANCE – Also referred to as “Bobtail” insurance though this is not a correct term, NTL provides liability coverage when the truck is being used for purposes outside the scope of the lease and not under dispatch. EXAMPLE: using the truck on weekends to run errands.
- PRIMARY LIABILITY INSURANCE– Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units and usually also provide this owner/operator insurance for their leased vehicles.
- CARGO INSURANCE – Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, provided by the motor carrier for leased operators.
- DAMAGE INSURANCE (Collision, Specified Perils) – Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.
- OCCUPATIONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE (Occ/Acc) – Product designed specifically for owner operators in the trucking industry. In most states, by being self- employed owner/operators can opt out of state mandated workers compensation coverage. While not the same as workers compensation, occ/acc is similar in scope and intent. Most motor carriers require their leased operators to be covered either by workers compensation or occ/acc at the leased operators expense. For those who qualify, occ/acc is generally a lower cost alternative.
For more information or a quote, contact us today!